Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring is Here!!

Having lived in California for most of my life, I worried before moving to Budapest about how I would handle my first "real" winter. I won't say it was a walk in the park, however by all accounts it was a relatively mild one, with just a few days of snow. The worst part however wasn't the temperature or precipitation, but the greyness; endless months of daytime grey, and utter darkness by mid-afternoon, with sunsets as early as 3:30pm.

It was therefore with great joy that I welcomed what appeared to be a temporary respite a couple weeks ago, when temperatures warmed and blue skys returned! I was holding my breath and imagining that my good fortune would turn any day, however Spring in all it's wonder now seems here to stay. 

These are some photos from a little adventure I had around the city this week, where I soaked in the rays and relished the blue above me and beautiful city underneath. Finals are around the corner, which will unfortunately keep me inside more that I would like over the next few weeks, but the walks to school, lunches on patios, and reading in the park will provide a wonderful taste of what's to come.

Pictures after break....







No comments:

Post a Comment